Green silicon carbide is the use of petroleum coke, high-quality silica as raw materials, adding salt as additives, through the high temperature smelting in the electric furnace from the artificial corundum material, green silicon carbide is green crystalline, brittle and sharp, and has a certain degree of thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity. So what are the advantages and uses of green silicon carbide as an abrasive?
Green silicon carbide as abrasives advantages
- Green silicon carbide hardness is second only to diamond, with strong wear resistance, is the ideal material for wear-resistant pipes, impeller pump chamber cyclone, ore hopper lining; its wear resistance is 11 to 20 times the life of cast iron, rubber, green silicon carbide for wear-resistant, refractory and corrosion-resistant materials, but also can be made of rocket nozzle, gas turbine blades, etc.
- Green silicon carbide abrasive main chemical composition of SiC, in the manufacture of raw materials used in the production of silicon carbide, such as black production of roughly the same, plus industrial salt as a reactant and accelerator in the resistance furnace reaction made, in terms of its color is green, so named green silicon carbide.
- Green silicon carbide is more pure than black silicon carbide, and its hardness is higher than black silicon carbide. Its grinding applications are the same as black silicon carbide, but it is more suitable for fine grinding of materials such as grinding threads, grinding gauges, etc. It is more widely used in grinding materials for carbide and diamond products.
Uses of green silicon carbide abrasives
- Green silicon carbide is an abrasive in hardware tools, green silicon carbide abrasives can be divided into flat grinding wheels, beveled grinding wheels, cylindrical grinding wheels, cup-shaped grinding wheels, disc-shaped grinding wheels, etc. according to the shape; according to the bonding agent can be divided into ceramic grinding wheels, resin grinding wheels, rubber grinding wheels, metal grinding wheels, etc.
- The characteristic parameters of grinding wheels are mainly abrasives, viscosity, hardness, bond, shape, size, etc. Green silicon carbide grinding wheels usually work at high speed, thus the rotary test (grinding wheels will not break under high speed) and static balance test should be conducted before use.
- Green silicon carbide is used to make grinding wheels, sandpaper, sanding belts, oil stones, grinding blocks, grinding heads, grinding pastes and grinding and polishing of single crystal silicon, polycrystalline silicon in photovoltaic products and piezoelectric crystals in the electronics industry, etc.
Other uses of green silicon carbide
- Mainly used for wear-resistant, refractory and corrosion-resistant materials, but also can be made of rocket nozzle, gas turbine blades, etc.
- Functional ceramics: can use its thermal conductivity thermal radiation, high thermal strength of the characteristics of the large, manufacturing thin plate kiln furniture, not only can reduce the capacity of the kiln, but also improve the installed capacity of the kiln and product quality, shorten the production cycle, is the ideal indirect material for ceramic glaze baking sintering.
- Metallurgical beneficiation: green silicon carbide hardness is second only to diamond, with strong wear resistance, is the ideal material for wear-resistant pipes, ore hopper lining; its wear resistance is 5 – 20 times the service life of cast iron, rubber, is also one of the ideal materials for aviation flight path.