Green silicon carbide grinding wheel, also called GC grinding wheel, is a porous body made by adding a bonding agent to the abrasive, pressing the blank, drying and roasting. Because of the characteristics of the material itself, it is suitable for processing alloys, glass, ceramics, non-metallic materials and other hard material workpieces, but generally not suitable for processing tough materials.
Green silicon carbide grinding wheel features
- Sharp abrasive grains and high hardness, can grind hard and brittle materials such as cemented carbide, optical glass, ceramics and alloys.
- Greater brittleness, so it maintains poor diamond angle and is not suitable for processing tougher work.
- Good thermal conductivity, suitable for grinding work that is easily deformed by heat. It is somewhat similar to single crystal corundum grinding wheels, but the performance is not the same.
- Because its material itself is sharp, green silicon carbide grinding wheels in also can be used for processing gemstones and other products.
How to install green silicon carbide grinding wheel?
- When installing, the quality of the grinding wheel should be tested first. If the niobium wool hammer taps the side of the grinding wheel, the sound is clear and crisp. The installation position of the grinding wheel is the first thing to consider during installation.
- It is prohibited to install the grinding machine in a place facing nearby equipment and operators or where people often pass by. Generally, large workshops should be equipped with a special grinding wheel room.
- If a special grinding wheel room cannot be provided due to the workshop topography, a protective baffle of not less than 1.8m in height should be installed on the front of the grinding machine, and the baffle should be firm and effective.
- Balance problem. The imbalance of the grinding wheel is mainly due to the inaccurate manufacture and installation of the grinding wheel, which makes the middle part of the grinding wheel and the rotating shaft incorrect.
The harm caused by unbalance is mainly manifested in two aspects
- When the grinding wheel rotates at high speed, it causes vibration and easily causes polygonal vibration traces on the surface of green silicon carbide.
- The imbalance accelerates the vibration of the spindle and the wear of the bearing, which will cause the rupture of the grinding wheel in serious cases, and even cause accidents.
Green silicon carbide
Green silicon carbide grinding wheel is produced by green silicon carbide material, which is a synthetic material composed of silicon and carbon. It has a grinding hardness second only to diamond, making it one of the most useful substances in various industries. As the name implies, green silicon carbide is green in color and has a slightly metallic luster.
Green silicon carbide contains 97.5%-99.5% silicon carbide, with the rest being small amounts of other compounds such as aluminum oxide and iron oxide. Depending on the specific grade, the particle size can range from macroscopic particles of up to 1 mm to microscopic particles as low as 0.1 micron. Its low thermal conductivity makes it suitable for applications where heat needs to be minimized, such as grinding wheels and cutting discs. In addition, its resistivity allows it to be used in semiconductor applications.
Green silicon carbide also has excellent thermal conductivity, making it suitable for applications involving high temperatures or abrasive environments. The material can be used to cut hard metals, plastics, ceramics and glass without damaging the substrate or introducing contaminants into the finished product. In addition, the low impurity levels of green silicon carbide allow it to be used as a semiconductor in certain electronic applications.
Green Silicon Carbide Application Range
- Abrasive industry: sandblasting, surface treatment, silicon carbide nozzle, grinding processing optical glass, carbide and titanium alloy and bearing steel grinding and polishing, high-speed steel tool grinding.
- Abrasives industry: resin grinding wheels and ceramic grinding wheels, cutting discs, abrasive cloth and abrasive belts, high-temperature silicon carbon rod heaters, etc..
- Ceramic industry: high temperature non-oxide ceramics, with reaction sintered silicon carbide ceramics, non-pressure sintered silicon carbide ceramics, etc.
- Refractory materials: smelting furnace refractory furnace lining, steelmaking deoxidizer, cast iron tissue improver, refractory bricks, high-temperature furnace kiln components, support parts, iron outlet tank, iron ladle lining, etc..
- Electrical and chemical industry: electric heating elements, high temperature semiconductor materials, far-infrared panels, lightning arrester valve materials, chemical pipes, valves, etc.
- Wear-resistant industry: such as coating and steam / water turbine impeller, wear-resistant pipeline, pump room, cyclone, ore hopper inside, highway, aviation runway solar water heater, etc.
Read More Silicon Carbide Applications Visit: http://silicon-carbides.com/application