Silicon carbide grit is a type of abrasive material that is made from silicon and carbon. It is a very hard material, and it is often used in abrasive blasting, grinding, and polishing applications.
There are a number of different suppliers of silicon carbide grit in New Zealand. Some of the most popular suppliers include:
- Quality Tools NZ Ltd: This company offers a wide range of silicon carbide grit in different grades and mesh sizes.
- BlastOne New Zealand: This company specializes in abrasive blasting equipment and supplies. They offer a variety of silicon carbide grit products, including abrasive blasting media, sandblasting cabinets, and safety equipment.
- Rock Tumbler NZ: This company sells rock tumblers and accessories, including silicon carbide grit.
Henan Superior Abrasives is a company supplying high quality abrasives such as silicon carbide and Fused Alumina to New Zealand. These materials are commonly used in the manufacture of grinding wheels, cutting tools and other abrasive products.
Henan Superior Abrasives plays a major role in the New Zealand Abrasives industry by supplying these premium materials to various abrasive companies. By providing reliable and consistent abrasives, they help ensure the production of high-performance abrasive products that meet the needs of various industries.
The price of silicon carbide grit in New Zealand varies depending on the grade, mesh size, and supplier. However, you can expect to pay between $10 and $20 per kilogram for most grades of silicon carbide grit.
The benefits of using silicon carbide grit
- It is a very hard material, which makes it ideal for abrasive blasting, grinding, and polishing applications.
- It is available in a variety of grades and mesh sizes, which allows you to choose the right grit for your specific application.
- It is relatively inexpensive, making it a cost-effective option for many abrasive blasting, grinding, and polishing applications.
If you are looking for a hard, durable, and inexpensive abrasive material, then silicon carbide grit is a good option to consider.