Black silicon carbide is a very effective rust removal tool. Silicon carbide is a hard, sharp abrasive that has been used in sandblasting and other industrial applications for many years. It’s also a popular choice for rust removal because it’s very efficient and can quickly remove rust from surfaces.
Silicon carbide is usually black, but it can also be green or dark grey depending on its grade. Black silicon carbide has the highest hardness of any abrasive material, making it an excellent tool for removing tough rust deposits. It’s also less likely to cause damage to the surface being cleaned than other forms of abrasives like steel or aluminum oxide. When used with appropriate safety gear and cautious technique, black silicon carbide can help you restore rusty items to their original condition without causing harm to yourself or your surroundings.
Black silicon carbide Features
- Black silicon carbide is a widely used abrasive product with excellent wear resistance, high hardness, high density and low impurities, which is commonly used in sandblasting and polishing, free grinding, making various abrasives, etc.
- Due to its high hardness, density and stable crystal structure, black silicon carbide abrasive can be crushed and made into various size products, with coarse abrasive, black silicon carbide macro grits, black silicon carbide micro powder and other abrasive products ranging from 16 mesh to 5000 mesh available.
- Black silicon carbide macro grits is generally used for sandblasting and rust removal, making grinding wheels, grinding stones, sandpaper, sand belts and other abrasives, and black silicon carbide micronized powder is generally used for free grinding or sandblasting and polishing.
Black silicon carbide advantages
- Silicon carbide due to chemical stability, high thermal conductivity, low coefficient of thermal expansion, good wear resistance, in addition to abrasive use, there are many other uses, for example: a special process to silicon carbide powder coated in the impeller of a hydraulic turbine or the inner wall of the cylinder body, can improve its wear resistance and extend the service life of 1 to 2 times.
- Used to make refractory materials, heat shock, small size, light weight and high strength, good energy-saving effect. Low-grade silicon carbide (containing about 85% SiC) is an excellent deoxidizer, which can accelerate the speed of steelmaking, and facilitate the control of chemical composition, improve the quality of steel. In addition, black silicon carbide is also used in large quantities to make electric heating element silicon carbon rods.
Black silicon carbide manufacturer
We are a reputed black silicon carbide manufacturer based in China. As a leading provider of silicon carbide and related products in China, our products find use in refractory, abrasives, technical ceramics, etc. Our production capacity is just one factor that makes us a favored supplier. We have existed for more than 20 years, and our supply markets cover America, Canada, Spain, Russia, South Africa, etc. Our annual output is to the tune of $9.3 million, which translates into 12,800 tonnes of monthly output. Choosing us as your partner in growth means you are assured of our high-quality materials, supported by on-time professional service. We provide black and green silicon carbide for your distinct industrial use.