Black silicon carbide P grit is the abrasive used for coated abrasives. Its raw material is the same as black silicon carbide F grit, which is the first grade silicon carbide lump from quartz sand and coke high temperature smelting. Black silicon carbide P grit has a SiC purity of 98% or more, and is acid-washed before crushing, and the particles are sieved according to the standard P abrasive. The hardness of black silicon carbide is 9.2-9.3, slightly lower than green silicon carbide. It has higher hardness and toughness than corundum, good grinding power, and is suitable for grinding of various metal and non-metal materials.
Black Silicon Carbide P Grit Characteristics
The silicon carbide abrasives used in the manufacture of abrasives have the following characteristics in addition to the good thermodynamic and physical properties of silicon carbide.
1. high purity, the guaranteed value of silicon carbide content is over 98%.
2. Black silicon carbide P Grit is acid washed in two passes, the first one is cleaning before crushing and the second one is cleaning after sieving, which removes the free carbon and free silicon produced during the smelting process, with less suspended matter and high cleanliness.
3. Black silicon carbide P Grit has good hydrophilicity, which is conducive to the degree of holding and bonding of the particles to the substrate.
4. P standard silicon carbide particle size distribution is more concentrated than F standard abrasives, and the abrasives coated with abrasives are only attached to a layer of the substrate, which requires the abrasives to participate in grinding as much as possible. The content of basic grains is high and the content of large grains is strictly controlled, while fine grains will increase the amount of desanding of abrasives, and the content of fine grains and dust should be as low as possible.
5. Silicon carbide abrasives for abrasive production require suitable bulk density, which is generally smaller than silicon carbide F Grit. The particle shape is multi-pronged or cone shaped, with strong grinding power.
Black Silicon Carbide P Grit Chemical composition
Physical indicators of black silicon carbide P Grit
|melting point||2300 ℃ free|
|proportion||3.2-3.45 g/cm 3|
|Bulk density||1.2-1.6 g/cm3|
|Crystal form||Hexagonal system|
|Elastic Modulus||58-65×106 psi|
|Thermal expansion coefficient||3.9-4.5 x10-6/ ℃|
|Thermal conductivity||71-130 W/MK|
Applications of black silicon carbide P grit
- Coated abrasives for stone glass, such as sandpaper, emery cloth.
- Sponge sanding block, black diamond and other flexible abrasives.
- Can be used as raw materials for polishing wheels, wire drawing wheels, polishing grid sanding discs and other abrasives.
- Used for products such as skateboard wear-resistant surface sand, nail tools wear-resistant layer.
- Raw material for abrasive wire and abrasive brush.
- Used as raw material for polishing abrasives such as oil stone, sharpening stone and other tools.
- Direct grinding, such as gemstone agate, glass artwork polishing and grinding, etc.
Common specifications of black silicon carbide P grit
Black silicon carbide P grit: 16#,20#,24#,30#,36#,40#,50#,60#,80#,100#,120#,150#,180#,220#
Black silicon carbide P standard micro powder: 240#,280#,320#,360#,400#,500#,600#,800#,1000#,1200#,1500#,2000#,2500#,3000#,4000#,5000#
Black silicon carbide P grit grain size distribution
|Granularity||Coarse Grain||coarse grain||elementary particles||mixed grain||sieve sum||fine grain|
|100% passed the following sieves||do not pass the sieve||wt%
not more than
|do not pass the sieve||wt%
not less than
not less than
|pass the sieve||wt%
not less than
|wt% not more than|
|P16||8||12||3||14||20-32||14 16||66-84||14 16 18||96||4|
|P20||12||16||7||18||34-50||18 20||80-92||18 20 25||96||4|
|P24||14||18||1||20||10-18||20 25||53-70||20 25 30||92||8|
|P30||16||20||1||25||10-18||25 30||53-70||25 30 35||92||8|
|P36||18||25||1||30||10-18||30 35||53-70||30 35 40||92||8|
|P40||25||35||7||40||34-50||40 45||80-92||40 45 50||96||4|
|P50||30||40||3||45||20-32||45 50||66-84||45 50 60||96||4|
|P60||35||45||1||50||10-18||50 60||53-70||50 60 70||92||8|
|P80||45||60||3||70||20-32||70 80||66-84||70 80 100||96||4|
|P100||50||70||1||80||10-18||80 100||53-70||80 100 120||92||8|
|P120||70||100||7||120||34-50||120 140||80-92||120 140 170||96||4|
|P150||80||120||3||140||20-32||140 170||66-84||140 170 200||96||4|
|P180||100||140||2||170||10-20||170 200||50-84||170 200 230||90||10|
|P220||120||170||2||200||10-20||200 230||50-84||200 230 270||90||10|
P-standard micropowder particle size composition standard
|P240||Below 110||Below 81.7||58.5±2.0||44.5 and above|
|P280||Below 101||Below 74.0||52.2±2.0||39.2 and above|
|P320||Below 94||Below 66.8||46.2±1.5||34.2 and above|
|P360||Below 87||Below 60.3||40.5±1.5||29.6 and above|
|P400||Below 81||Below 53.9||35.0±1.5||25.2 and above|
|P500||Below 77||48.3 or less||30.2±1.5||21.5 and above|
|P600||Below 72||Below 43.0||25.8±1.0||18.0 and above|
|P800||Below 67||38.1 or less||21.8±1.0||15.1 and above|
|P1000||Below 63||Below 33.7||18.3±1.0||12.4 and above|
|P1200||Below 58||29.7 or less||15.3±1.0||10.2 and above|
|P1500||Below 53||22.4 or less||12.6±1.0||8.3 and above|
|P2000||Below 45||19.3 and below||10.3±0.8||6.7 and above|
|P2500||Below 38||14.0 and below||8.4±0.5||5.4 and above|
|P3000||Below 32||Below 12.0||6.7±0.5||3.0 or above|
|P4000||Below 27||11.0 and below||5.5±0.5||2.0 or above|
|P5000||23 or less||Below 8.0||4±0.5||1.8 or above|
Packaging of black silicon carbide
- 25kg lined woven bags
- 25kg woven bags, 1 ton bag
- 25kg woven bag, 1 ton pallet
- 25kg paper bag, 1 ton pallet
- Other packaging can be customized according to customer requirements